The AfriLabs Annual Gathering 2016 took place in Accra, Ghana hosted by iSpace Foundation, Ghana, The Future of African Cities 2017 took place in Cairo, Egypt hosted by The District. The past 2 gatherings have been successful and we aim to surpass our efforts every year.
This is why we are starting the selection process for the next hub host early and making it more detailed. With review of the feedback gotten from members, we came up with the following criteria which will be the standard requirement of being a hub host of the AfriLabs Annual Gathering.
These criteria are, the hub host;
- Should be willing to secure a sponsored venue.
- Should be willing to support with fundraising for the event. However, please note that this is the primary responsibility of the AfriLabs Secretariat.
- Should be willing to negotiate the best price possible for a 5 Star hotel that can accommodate expected number of Annual Gathering attendees (150-200).
- Should be able to secure a partnership with a local Telco for internet connectivity at the event venue.
- Should be willing to assist with facilitating visas for attending participants.
- Should be willing to work with the AfriLabs team and event hub partner (District,Egypt)
- Should be willing to work with AfriLabs corporate partner/title sponsor to select a theme for the Gathering.
- Should be willing to organize French translation services and devices.